Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spartan3 JTAG interface 3.3V

Status
Not open for further replies.

System.out

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I had built the schematic on the application note XAPP453, pg 8. I could program FPGA, also PROM, but when i did not have the JTAG attached to the board, the PROM was unable to download the bitcode to the FPGA.

Now, i need to fix this issue and i am looking to different circuits, which makes me confused:

:arrow: XAPP453, pg 8
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp453.pdf
M{0,1,2} are attched to GND
PROG_B, DONE signal has a pull-up to 2.5V
TMS, TCK, TDI (PROM) are feed directly from JTAG, instead doing so after Rser
3.3V JTAG Port pin names are missing

:arrow: UG332, pg 82
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug332.pdf
Let's assume we want 3.3V JTAG voltage, the PROG_B and DONE pull-up are to 3.3V (V)
/CF (PROM) looks like an input feeded by /PROGRAM signal, while previous schematic shows /CF as an output. (Where does this /PROGRAM signal come from?)

:arrow: Digilent S3 Board, sheet 4/8

Looks like TCK, TMS, .. are feeded aftr Rser (100ohm and not 68ohm as datasheet states)
There are many other differences to previous schematics

So, the question is if I would like to have an FPGA and a Flash PROM working nicely (program FPGA from the PROM; use boundary scan; ...) which is the best schematic to work with? Maybe do you have a circuit schematic that you know it works for this topic?

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back