Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spartan II configuration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamejoko80

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spartan-2 configuration problem

I used the Xilinx paralel III to configure the spartan II XC2S50 by iMPACT webpack ISE v6.3

I selected boundary scan mode TDI, TDO,TMS,TCK
The iMPACT auto identified XC2S50 successfully

The problems are :

My FPGA's ID code is different from the Xilinx's FPGA ID code
I don't understand this warning : "iMPACT:1049 start up clock has been changed to JtagClk in the bitstream stored in memory, but the original bitstream file remains unchanged"
After downloading .bit file the error message appeared:
checking pin Done
'1': program terminated , Done did not go high
and the status is "Programming failed"

help me,Pls!

I'm not sure, but I think that you will have to change some of the "Startup Options". You can find them in "Generate Programming File" process' properties. The help menu will explain you the meaning of each option.

or you should check your connect line ?
the work of power is or not normal.

Thanks for reply , I'll try it on again

i meet with this question,too.
you can check out your circuits, maybe your connect have some problems.

kamejoko80,

There is two things you can do,

1) The first thing, open the Xilinx Project. In the Xilinx second window "Processes for Soruce" highlight the "Generate Progrmaming File" then right click on the mouse => properties => Startup Options => Choose JTAG Clock if you want to download the bit file only.

2) My FPGA's ID code is different from the Xilinx's FPGA ID code
It is different because you have to make sure that you are specifying the right FPGA Device for both the Xilinx Software and the Board FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back