Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spartan 3e starter kit HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

controller

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
adept spartan 3e

hi,

i have a spartan 3e starter kit from digilent and which comes with only a usb cable. any cds not include. i download Digilent Adept software from digilent and i install it. i conect the board to usb port but my pc not recognize it. it require a usb driver software. i try install digilent's dirvers folder from Digilent Adept software but dont't find the driver. how i install the board to my pc?

adept para spartan 3e

controller said:
hi,

i have a spartan 3e starter kit from digilent and which comes with only a usb cable. any cds not include. i download Digilent Adept software from digilent and i install it. i conect the board to usb port but my pc not recognize it. it require a usb driver software. i try install digilent's dirvers folder from Digilent Adept software but dont't find the driver. how i install the board to my pc?

You need using Xilinx Impact software for Spartan 3E starter kit onboard JTAG programmer, not Digilent!

controller

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
spartan 3e driver

Dainis is correct. Your board has a Xilinx USB interface, which is not supported by Digilent's software. More info here:
http://www.digilentinc.com/Support/FAQs.cfm?Nav2=FAQ

I suggest uninstalling the Digilent software, and installing Xilinx ISE WebPACK and the latest ISE Service Pack (free downloads). It contains the entire FPGA/CPLD development tool suite, including the iMPACT programming utility and USB drivers. If you don't need the development tool suite, I think you can install iMPACT separately.

The Xilinx version of the Spartan-3E Starter Kit includes software disks.

controller

spartan starter kit connect usb cable

controller said:
hi,

i conect the board to usb port but my pc not recognize it. it require a usb driver software. how i install the board to my pc?
another thing very annoying in xilinx is some OS doesn't recognize your usb cable!!!(i had this problem with XP SP2).
u connect ur cable to the PC and a wizard comes in new HW found but doesn't recognize.if this is ur problem check this attachment.
however as previously told u need ISE.

Regards
srinivas

driver spartan 3e starter kit

I successfully used the Spartan-3E Starter Kit USB cable with WinXP SP2 and ISE 9.1i SP3.

It's normal for the "found new hardware" wizard to pop up three times when first connecting the Xilinx board. Maybe you aborted the process thinking it was stuck in a loop? I almost did that! More info in the Xilinx USB FAQ:
**broken link removed**

controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back