Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spartan 3an control unipolar stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanios

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI.
I work for my thesis on a sun tracking algorithm. i use two unipolar stepper motors for moving the solar panel on two axis' . i have a problem with the pulses to move motors . Does anyone know where i can find any vhdl examples ?

u just need to find/write the PWM modulator

Thanks for your help. I have some questions. I have made the driver modules for my two stepper motors. Now i have to program my spartan 3an . What i want is to to take an analog signal (voltage) from pv panel and check my algo which controls the movement of motors . I have googled it but i can t understand what procedure i have to follow.
So: First use amp-adc to get my digital signal .Then by checking voltage value, control stepper motors with pwm generator . Is that right?Do i have to use something more ? I make look silly asking something like that but i have read so much about that , that i can t understand what i finally want . Do i have to use the picoblaze processor or is it something more simple like downloading a program where u turn on/off leds using switches? help me.thank u in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back