Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spark Eroder pulse generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sihaam

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Today, 04:36 PM
Hello All,
I am building a small 5 amp spark eroder. It will use 50V DC. The power supply provides straight 50VDC, but I need a variable square wave pulse generator to take this 50VDC and pulse it for me. All help will be appreciated

Today, 04:36 PM
Hello All,
I am building a small 5 amp spark eroder. It will use 50V DC. The power supply provides straight 50VDC, but I need a variable square wave pulse generator to take this 50VDC and pulse it for me. All help will be appreciated
Hi Siham
What do you mean by a variable square wave pulse generator ? are you refer to the PWM ? or perhaps a square wave with variable amplitude ?
More informations are required . for example what you need now ? a circuit diagram of a square wave generator ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hi Siham
What do you mean by a variable square wave pulse generator ? are you refer to the PWM ? or perhaps a square wave with variable amplitude ?
More informations are required . for example what you need now ? a circuit diagram of a square wave generator ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

No, I am not referring to PWM. I simply need a square wavelength with adjustable on/off times. So when I connect the 50VDC to this circuit, it must generate the same voltage and amps in the form of pulses eg, on pulse for 1 millisec, off for 2 millisecs. These on/off must be variable via a knob in the circuit.

No, I am not referring to PWM. I simply need a square wavelength with adjustable on/off times
Yes you need PWM ! ;-) ( you want change on or off time it is concept of PWM signal !! )
A PWM and then a mosfet and then a float driver like IR2117 !
Good Luck
Goldsmith

Thank you for you input. Do you have a simple circuit for me to build? I am an amateur in electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.