sihaam

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Today, 04:36 PM
Hello All,
I am building a small 5 amp spark eroder. It will use 50V DC. The power supply provides straight 50VDC, but I need a variable square wave pulse generator to take this 50VDC and pulse it for me. All help will be appreciated

Today, 04:36 PM
Hello All,
I am building a small 5 amp spark eroder. It will use 50V DC. The power supply provides straight 50VDC, but I need a variable square wave pulse generator to take this 50VDC and pulse it for me. All help will be appreciated
Hi Siham
What do you mean by a variable square wave pulse generator ? are you refer to the PWM ? or perhaps a square wave with variable amplitude ?
More informations are required . for example what you need now ? a circuit diagram of a square wave generator ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

No, I am not referring to PWM. I simply need a square wavelength with adjustable on/off times. So when I connect the 50VDC to this circuit, it must generate the same voltage and amps in the form of pulses eg, on pulse for 1 millisec, off for 2 millisecs. These on/off must be variable via a knob in the circuit.

No, I am not referring to PWM. I simply need a square wavelength with adjustable on/off times
Yes you need PWM ! ;-) ( you want change on or off time it is concept of PWM signal !! )
A PWM and then a mosfet and then a float driver like IR2117 !
Good Luck
Goldsmith

Thank you for you input. Do you have a simple circuit for me to build? I am an amateur in electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.