Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sourcing optical ASIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

simbaliya

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, anybody know where I can find an optical ASIC, to amplify and convert a pulse current of photodiode to voltage? the current pulse is around 4us, period around 100us, amplitute 2uA.

A *resistor* will do that for you (well, except for the amplification part ;)

The "classic" way to convert a photocurrent to a voltage is via a transimpedance amplifier. There's an abundance of approaches on the web (and threads in this forum) depending upon what speed, sensitivity etc you're after. 4us is considered a slow pulse and as such, any op-amp based solution will possibly suit you. I'd posted an article describing a generic photodetector here a few years ago - have a look at in case it helps.

Cheers!

Thank you very much for the help, thylacine. Actually I am now using the TIA method, problem is my PCB is too small to have 2 op amps and other many discrete components, thus I am now looking for an ASIC solution.

Nevertheless, the material you provided is precious to me for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back