Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound energy into electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodame123

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I want to send electrical energy wirelessly in the form of sound energy, would someone guide me with the range of frequencies I should be looking into for efficient transfer?
The frequencies of sound which wouldn't be much absorbed by other objects.
anyone has any info or logic on this?
I heard that particular animals like whales make use of certain frequencies which are not absorbed by the water(thus,efficient transfer).

This is a path-breaking area of work. I doubt there is much information available, and you can be the first to do this research !

Keep us posted on what you find.
:)

It is important that your beam of sound is focused properly at both the receiver and transmitter. You must use a parabolic dish for this.
If you use air I do not believe that there is a magic frequency where the air offers a lower attenuation, if it was within the range of frequencies that we use for hi fi, it would have been found while they were still making acoustic recordings. - Prove me wrong!
Whales use water to transmit "sound" through, its not sound, its vibration in the water that we hear as sound. A vibration detector would "hear" it too.
Frank

A more serious problem than possible transport absorption will be to recover the energy quantitatively at the receiver side, which requires good acoustic impedance matching.

Do you consider a specific range and energy level?

I think that this is a non-starter because the sound level
capable of causing humans and animals discomfort, is a
pretty low power density. Can you transfer some power?
Probably. Can you stand to be in the same room with a
meaningful acoustic power transfer? Probably not.

Thank u everyone for your info.. :) Yes,I had the same concerns mentioned above about using sound energy. But still, I want to explore..
I'll stay in touch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back