Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SOT-23 with a different marking code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafaela

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I work with maintenance and I found a componente that there isn't a marking code that I could identify. It looks like the Vishay symbol, but I never seen this component :bang:

Have you guys ever seen something like that?
Every help is valid.

IMG_20161110_092411426 - Cópia.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't answer yesterday as "no idea" - however, I do agree that that bears an uncanny resemblance to the Vishay logo, unless it's an upside down, stylised "A."

However, again, the SMD diode marking shows a different symbol, a flower/propellor thing, not a "V" shape.

http://www.vishay.com/docs/88912/diodesgroupbodymarking.pdf

Lastly, searching for "vishay sot-23 SMD logo" came up with this:

http://www.google.es/search?client=opera&q=lm338&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=vishay+sot-23+SMD+logo

This may prove a useful book for this or another occasion:
**broken link removed**

Hope you have found the part/manufacturer!

Hey, this really helped me a lot! Just by knowing that those are resistors I can do several tests on the equipment.

Using this link that you provide me I found this datasheet https://uk.rs-online.com/webdocs/0d99/0900766b80d99fdf.pdf

But I still think about the one sot23, that the vishay logo is filled. =p

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

That's great, glad you have identified one of the parts.

Yes, that is annoying about the outlined logo for the thin film network and the mysterious filled in logo...

I had a quick look on the Vishay page, etc., and found nothing; this DPAK thick film resistor has the filled in logo but also lettered codes.

Maybe contacting Vishay directly may prove helpful.

Maybe contacting Vishay directly may prove helpful.

On Vishay site they ask to contact a sales representant, I tried one and didn't have luck.

:´(

Hi,

That's a shame, I empathise.

0% probability: Nothing to identify it on the underside of the part?

Not recommended, but if you can spare that component (spare...it potentially being destroyed in the process), why not measure the resistance of the one that is a resistor, and do the same with that one to see if there's some similarity...? Maybe it's a resistor and the filled in logo is a manufacturing country of origin issue/aspect only.

Or if you can set something up, hopefully less risky to send a low voltage and very, very low current pulse through the terminals to see what it does or doesn't do on a 'scope?

Sorry for the bad suggestions, but I can't think of anything else, except scouring Vishay ads and brochures from around the world, which isn't feasible time-wise...

... why not measure the resistance of the one that is a resistor...

Well, you gave me an ideia. I measure the resistor that last (R1 was open, and R2 ok), then I had replaced the component and tested the equipment with both possibilities, and it came back to work.

(I also found others broken components before fix the equipment[GE - Druck Genii DPI620]).

Thanks for the help :D

vishayratio.png

Hi Rafaela,

I'm glad to hear you've been able to repair the equipment, and thanks for sharing how you found out which part to use, good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back