[SOLVED] Sonnet Installation in CentOS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched in both directories (/home/JLHW and /root). in /home/JLHW, there are no .profile or .cshrc found, .cshrc is actually at /root, and .profile is not found here as well.

I've tried modify .cshrc by adding:

Code:
SONNET_DIR=/opt/sonnetsoftware/sonnet_16.52; export SONNET_DIR
PATH=$PATH:$SONNET_DIR/bin; export PATH
DISPLAY=:0; export DISPLAY

but the error still shows.

Should I manually create .profile at /home/JLHW and just copy the above codes?

Where did you entered Design Environment Variables for Cadence ADE ?? You should insert Sonnet script into this file.
I presume that you can launch Cadence ADE as a ordinary user right ?? The same procedure is valid, where they are , put this script in the same file whatever is..

Reactions: JLHW

JLHW

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I've copied the script into both .bashrc files (in /root and $HOME) and it finally initialised.

I've also copied the sonnet.cdsenv file into both my working directory and /opt/cadence/IC617/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/sonnet, renamed them to .cdsenv, then chmod 755 them.

(For future readers who read this, in case the word "Sonnet" is still not visible in Layout L, just click Launch --> Sonnet)

Your patience in helping and explaining things to me are highly appreciated, thank a lot! :thumbsup::grin:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.