Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Sonnet Installation in CentOS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched in both directories (/home/JLHW and /root). in /home/JLHW, there are no .profile or .cshrc found, .cshrc is actually at /root, and .profile is not found here as well.

I've tried modify .cshrc by adding:

Code:
SONNET_DIR=/opt/sonnetsoftware/sonnet_16.52; export SONNET_DIR
PATH=$PATH:$SONNET_DIR/bin; export PATH
DISPLAY=:0; export DISPLAY

but the error still shows.

Should I manually create .profile at /home/JLHW and just copy the above codes?

I've searched in both directories (/home/JLHW and /root). in /home/JLHW, there are no .profile or .cshrc found, .cshrc is actually at /root, and .profile is not found here as well.

I've tried modify .cshrc by adding:

Code:
SONNET_DIR=/opt/sonnetsoftware/sonnet_16.52; export SONNET_DIR
PATH=$PATH:$SONNET_DIR/bin; export PATH
DISPLAY=:0; export DISPLAY
but the error still shows.
Should I manually create .profile at /home/JLHW and just copy the above codes?

Where did you entered Design Environment Variables for Cadence ADE ?? You should insert Sonnet script into this file.
I presume that you can launch Cadence ADE as a ordinary user right ?? The same procedure is valid, where they are , put this script in the same file whatever is..

Reactions: JLHW

JLHW

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I've copied the script into both .bashrc files (in /root and $HOME) and it finally initialised.

I've also copied the sonnet.cdsenv file into both my working directory and /opt/cadence/IC617/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/tools/sonnet, renamed them to .cdsenv, then chmod 755 them.

(For future readers who read this, in case the word "Sonnet" is still not visible in Layout L, just click Launch --> Sonnet)

Your patience in helping and explaining things to me are highly appreciated, thank a lot! :thumbsup::grin:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.