Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some issues related to spiral inductor modelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_bihan

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all:

Recently I got some problem about 'spiral inductor modelling'.

After obtaining S-parameters from network analyzer, we had to translate it into some kind of equivalent circuit to simulate it in hspice. Some methods of annealing were used for this process. Since there will be many sets of resolutions during the process of annealing, so what should be the final criteria?

Also, since the value of the elements, such as resistor, cap, and inductor in the equivelent circuit, are frequency dependent, how can we calculate the exact value of these elements? Should I calculate every parameter at each frequncy point?

How to simulate this equivelent circuit is also a big issue, because the parameters are frequency dependent, how to handle these problems? I wish some experienced guies can help me.

Thanks!!

Bi, Han

Is it a MMIC or Board inductor?

I don't know H/Spice but can't you get a good reference measurement that gives you the performance of the inductor, and then import the S-parameter file into the simulator? Why bother with an equialent circuit?

If you have to use a circuit you could match a model with an ideal inductor in series with a resistor.
On both ends of the model add a shunt capacitor to ground.
If that does not give the right slope, add more parastic elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.