Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solve inside in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

basha009

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I came across "solve inside" in hfss. what does it mean? whether it effects 3d model? In which conditions we are supposed to enable it?

Hi basha009,

This means exactly what it says - if this option is checked, the fields inside the volumetric object will be solved.

You generally want to have this option checked for all materials except for metals. This is because solving for the decaying fields inside of metals will require an extremely fine mesh, and your resulting simulation will have a huge mesh and take forever to solve.

If you leave this value unchecked, HFSS simply applies a boundary condition to the surface of the object and doesn't solve inside of it.

But when I disabled "solve inside", I am getting an error for 3D model(in validation check) and when it is enabled,it is showing a warning message that it requires a large mesh.I used copper for creating all the cylinders.. Help me to overcome this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back