Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solutions for converting serial port to USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasicr

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need info about conversion serial port to usb. Can anybody have some schematics or any idea?
regards

Serial to USB

look at my simple serial to USB with built-in windows drivers
hxxp://

Re: Serial to USB

Are you looking to build it as part of a project? If you just need a simple RS232 to USB adapter they can be found at many computer retailers for about $15

If you're starting from scratch pic an micro with built in USB.

Have a look on this website
www.ftdichip.com

I've used the FT232BM and FT254B in many designs and they work reliebly and very cheap.

PM me if u need any help.

Yours,

Serial to USB

I also use the FT2xxx chips and must say they are extremely easy to use and very flexible. Some of these devices can be used for serial as well as parallel applications. I think the Silabs versions are serial only (which is what you are looking for).

Victor

https://www.zerksus.com

Dear,

check **broken link removed** for usb <--> anything chips

good luck!

Hello
if u want to use an IC into u r board then it is better to go for FT245 which is PARLLEL TO USB, very easy interface,
and it requires no prior knowledge of USB.
I hope u get a USB DRIVER along with it,
Try this option
All the best

--Babesh

will this chips will work with Windows XP SP2 ?

atmelAVR91 said:
will this chips will work with Windows XP SP2 ?
Yes the FTDI chips has a Windows driver (On their site) (FT232/FT245) and the new FT232-R chips just requires a few extra components.

/Bingo

Hi,
I use combined IC prog programmer for serial eeprom 24xx, 93xx with pic micro in 8, 18, 28 and 40 pin dip. I buy LAPTOP computer without serial port. I need this conversion (serial to usb) for this programmer,
regards

Check your programmer manufacturer for the recommended Serial <-> USB converter that will match your programmer as not all converters work correctly in this application. I had meny converters that did not work with my serial programmer and finally, i bought a USB programmer to get rid of all these problems...:cry:

:D FTDI is the best ,contact me my friend !
cyberwin technology ltd www.ftdichip.com
www.cyberwin.com.cn(chinese)
msn:yafan24517@hotmail.com

43_1160200727.jpg

Bus Master said:
I've used the FT232BM ...
ft232R the best for new designs. No xtal no resistor no eprom required. All external parts included to chip :|
diagramHQ.jpg

hi
i wond the pcb or chematic for the TUSB3410 board please

thank you

used a data cable usb for cellular phone o usb to rs232 adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.