Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solution to the errors from Tanner/Tspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

blowfish

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,

Can anyone tell me the exact meaning of this error and warning which was generated by the TANNER tool/TSPICE . I was executing a circuit for output , when i got this error . I need the meaning of this error and method/procedure to rectify the problem.

Any help would be appreciated !

The errors generated are :

Fatal DC OPPT : DC non-convergence (source step smaller than minimum=1e-010)
Fatal DC OPPT : Try increasing abstol=5e-010, reltol=0.0001, and/or numnd=10
Warning DC OPPT : Check C:\Tanner software\tanner\mohana sundaram\analog dll\dll_top.dc for problem nodes

hi

even i am getting the same error.

can anyone suggest the solution?

thanks in advance.

Check your circuit carefully: bias, connections, polarization of devices. The algorithm cannot find a solution with not so usual circumstances...

hi

i changed the parameters as below.

.options absi=5e-07
.options reli=0.01
.options numnd=3000
.options chargetol=1e-012

and now i am getting the desired output. i was trying to make a %N counter for the PLL.

can you tell me how obove parameter effect when calculating the initial condition of the circuit?

regards,

hemal

i am getting " missing MOSFET definition for 'NMOS' " in s-edit of tanner v13 when i run simulation for any ckt involving NMOS ..is it a problem with the library file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back