Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solution for RF broadband amplifier 0.5-2.5GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

xandeyes

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all.
i need design a rf broadband amplifier 50w, input power 0dBm, frequency 0.5-2.5GHz
what is solution can i apply in my design ?
(ex: type of amplifier, component to use..)
note: because some reasions, i don't wanna use the balance amplifier...

thanks!

I used an amplifier IC PF08109B in my design. PF08109B has high gain of 35dB and i obtained it from my old mobile.

47dB !! Gain and 50W Output Power between 0.5Ghz-2.5Ghz ??
Tough specs.
MMIC can be a solution but it's even hard to find..

i would suggest to go for distributed amplifier solution. it will work for your spec without any problem if you choose devices carefully.

thank all.
I don't need a flat gain amplifier because I'll use an auto lever control circuit in my design.
but can you suggest me some FETs can to use?

thank all.
I don't need a flat gain amplifier because I'll use an auto lever control circuit in my design.
but can you suggest me some FETs can to use?
Look at Cree and Qorvo, they manufacture high voltage, high current GaN FETs but I don't know they supply them to you or not...

avago and NEC also have FETs which can be used. you may need high gain so you look at GaN or GaAs devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back