Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar panel/LED circuit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

helicooper

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
solar panel led

I am very new to electronics and am trying to create a circuit for another hobby of mine. What I would like to do is create a system that will charge a AA battery while the sun is out and then when the sun goes down and the solar panel stops generating a current the battery would then power a LED light or two. The problems I have run into is that I know the LED has a forward voltage in the 3V range but the battery is operating on 1.2V. I need to know what kind of step up converter I need and where I can buy one. Also can I wire a relay in series with the solar panel and battery to create the switch to allow the batter to discharge? And if so how much current would this take out of the charging? Also where can I find a relay that would operate at the low 3V the solar panel would be producing? I am thinking of using a 3V 22ma panel which I hope will charge the battery sufficiently to run the LED for the whole night. I hope this is somewhat making sense. If you can help me out at all with this I would greatly appreciate it. I can also try and clarify what I am trying to do if that would help you guys.

Thanks for your time,
Cooper

3v led circuit

That is exactly what i was looking for. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.