Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar cell & LPC2129

Status
Not open for further replies.

binojkumar

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends ,
Im doing a project using LPC2129, in this project i have to use solar cells for the power supply of this LPC2129, my doubt is which solar cell is syuitable for this application? and wt is the current required for LPC2129? im using Zig bee module along with LPC2129 so the solar cell should be sufficient for both of this device.
PLS help me for this project.

Thnks in advance

---Binoj

Hi there
It depends, for how long will be working? or how often it will be returned from sleep ? and what current do you need.
One of the options is to use simple solar cell(picture a) and
build a simple DC/DC converter or use a specialize silicon devices for that(search on web).
Or buy a simple garden solar lamp(picture b)
Inside you will find battery -charged every day with ~1.5V out. , use DC/DC switch-up converter (eg.MAX 1674,MAX1724) to 3.3/5V output.

Current required for LPC2129, hmm it depends from frequency/ active pheriperials/....
For example LPC working on 60MHz , takes ~50/60mA in standard mode.
Using LPC + Zee bee be sure that current consumption may be ~ 160mA less or more.

beware that low power consumption devices it's not external supply -like solar cell
where power connection is not required,
but it's all devices in sleep mode taking less than mA(example 1uA), and active only few times
to send data (in your case Zig Bee) :]
Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.