Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sola powered car design

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock94

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Solar powered car design

I need to design a car which runs off solar power without the use of any other power source.However storing power in components like capacitor is allowed.The motor used is rated for 6v and draws about 1A.One of the challenges is the dark tunnel through which the car must pass while there is no solar energy available.Most of the designs which I looked up online use supercapacitors to hold charge.However I cannot find any capacitors of value above 10000µF locally and cannot order one online since I need to submit the project within 2 days.So is there any way I could design a circuit which can hold a large amount of charge without the use of power sources like batteries.Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Last edited:

Hi Rock94,

You didnt give all informations, such as solar cells power. If you have stronger solar cells maybe you can make compressed air in some tank with small additional motor. During light solar cells powers both motors, when there is no light compressed air is used.

Capacitor is nice to use, I think this is best solution.

Please, I just give raw thinking I dont have details about this, but maybe this can open some other direction.

Best regards,
Peter

Your capacitor bank will need to be several Farads, so it can store enough juice to power a 6W motor just a few seconds.

A supercapacitor/ultracapacitor is a possible solution.

Re: Solar powered car design

I need to design a car which runs off solar power without the use of any other power source.However storing power in components like capacitor is allowed.The motor used is rated for 6v and draws about 1A.One of the challenges is the dark tunnel through which the car must pass while there is no solar energy available.Most of the designs which I looked up online use supercapacitors to hold charge.However I cannot find any capacitors of value above 10000µF locally and cannot order one online since I need to submit the project within 2 days.So is there any way I could design a circuit which can hold a large amount of charge without the use of power sources like batteries.Any suggestions?
Thank you.
I hope you get huge success with your car.. Please share some more information about the project and latest updates......Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)

Re: Solar powered car design

I need to design a car which runs off peimar solar without the use of any other power source.However storing power in components like capacitor is allowed.The motor used is rated for 6v and draws about 1A.One of the challenges is the dark tunnel through which the car must pass while there is no solar energy available.Most of the designs which I looked up online use supercapacitors to hold charge.However I cannot find any capacitors of value above 10000µF locally and cannot order one online since I need to submit the project within 2 days.So is there any way I could design a circuit which can hold a large amount of charge without the use of power sources like batteries.Any suggestions?
Thank you.

I hope you get huge success with your car.. Please share some more information about the project and latest updates......Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)
Still waiting for reply..

Status
Not open for further replies.