Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software for testing custom PCI cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

buenos

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.
is there some software to test custom pci-boards?
if i start to design a hardware (PC card in the PCI slot), then I would like to test the prototype. Or should I start from a wery low level, in c/c++ ?
For example using a PLX technologies PCI-target controller IC (PCI9050).

Re: pci card testing

Have a look at PLXMon, by PLX Technology.

buenos

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pci card testing

thanx.
other software, free software?
like a labview VI?

You can use PCI Bus Anlyzer. Usualy they have a exerciser, and some of them a complete set of test which can test your board to verify if it is PCI standard compliant.

pci card testing

what is: PCI Bus Anlyzer?
the google didn't find anything about that.

Hey Buenos, you can find it in link below.

https://www.corelis.com/products/BusAnalyzersAndExercisers.htm

cfant wrote Bus Anlyzer. You should take a look that is missing an "a" to for the word Analyzer. Don´t worry!!!

Another question: With this chip (9052, that is a replacement of 9050) can i interface my board application with the computer just this chip is enough?

regards

Breno

You are right btminzon. That was spelling error. PCI Bus Analyzers from Catalyst are very good. See here: **broken link removed**. They are not cheap though.

How about PCI32? It s a free software you can find is by google.
Attachment is the old version of PCI32 .
I think softICE is a good choice too, but its no free.

I don't think that you can use pci32 for PCI device testing. It is going to display your PCI device properites, but that is all. What we are talking about is somekind of PCI device exerciser, maybe even PCI protocol compliance tester. Catalyst PCI bus analyzer will give you that option, not to mention a fact that you can use it to debug your PCI device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back