Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

soft low speed USB driver for PICs without harware USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugen_E

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
16f2550 usb

Hello,

Do you know if a software USB implementation for low/mid range PICs (like PIC16F628, without hardware USB unit) exist?
I mean something like this
**broken link removed**, but for PIC - i think is not possbile, because PIC is slower than AVR, and the AVR implementation is on the limit - but it would be interesting if one exists.

Thanks.

Never heard of 16F2550, i searched but couldn't find it even on the microchip website.
The question was just a curiosity, to find out if i can connect smaller PICs to USB without a serial/ USB converter. Sometimes in high quantity i find small PICs cheaper than AVR and i thought maybe there is a software USB for PIC. But now it's clear 16F628 is too slow for this, I'll stick to AVR.

I'll guess, blueroomelectronics is referring to 18F2550 USB PIC. Actually, an 18F2450 (cheapest USB PIC) wouldn't cost much more than a 16F628, so one may wonder why you are trying a software USB?

Eugen_E

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back