Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

soc encounter-how to view all modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksrinivasan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends

iam working on cadence soc encounter 8.1
After the synthesis iam importing my netlist along with sdc and .io file and lef file.

Iam able to see the core along with io pads
on the right side of the core, iam able to see only the 3 modules.
these 3 modules contain the rest of the modules of my design

My question is how do i see all the modules without grouping under the 3 main modules

thanks in advance

soc encounter-hoe to view all modules

'shift+g' to ungroup the major modules till what ever the hierarchy you need
'g' to regroup again
to explore more about the modules present in your design use the design browser that's present in the menu

If this is not answering you question, better you post a image of what you see, then i can help u better

Re: soc encounter-hoe to view all modules

Hi
i have just enclosed the image file
i get two modules when i press Ctrl+shift+G
i get three modules when i press Ctrl +G

when i complete the placement, floorplan and routing iam able to see all the 31 modules in the core of the ASIC

My question is how to see all the 31 modules during the netlist import stage

I'm really not able to trace out what could be the actual problem
but I remember i faced some issues like this when i was using version 5 and below, check out for the version you are using and try to upgrade it if possible

If you are still not able to see then better explore the things with the design browser till the time some one reply to this post

like natryx said, when you import the netlist, change to Floorplan view, select a module, use "G" for hierDown and "g" for hierUp to browse through the hierarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back