Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS controller with T630/610 and PIC 16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhane

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sms pic serial 16f8 best mobile

Hi i need help here..rather desperate

I need to interface the 2 of them together. But right now I only have their USB datacable. I have problem locating the serial version of data cable. What should I do now?

**broken link removed**
will this wrk if i solder from the pins of my T630 directly?

will there be a difference between testing on PC and testing with PIC?

sms pic16f877

do u have internal schematic of serial datacable???
u cant connect directly , some level conversion will be needed

pic16f877 sms

i'm not very sure what to connect to what.
cause the phone's is roughly 3-5v, PIC is 5v, rs232 is higher

how should i be connecting?
can i connect with the schematic I posted, then from the serial output to PIC or PC?

pic16f877 send sms

I've gotten myself a T610 as well now
what should I do to connect it to PC to verify that it can do text mode?
subsequently what should I do to connect it to PIC? can i connect it directly to PIC?

phone sms pic16f877

hello.you must connect 4 and 6 pins of gsm together , 7 and 8 pins of gsm modem toghether.

at cnmi description sms

u have to use max232 between your datacable(connected to cell) and microcontroller.
To test on hyper terminal u can use
AT+CMGF=1<enter>
if result = ok then it means your cell supports Text mode

t630 data cable schema

you can directly connect the cell phone to any micro controller,

but you need level conversion with pc !

keep in mind about null modem connection .

t630 txd

elias130 said:
hello.you must connect 4 and 6 pins of gsm together , 7 and 8 pins of gsm modem toghether.

connecting 4 and 6 of gsm is for?
both are RX

Added after 3 minutes:

abbas1707 said:
u have to use max232 between your datacable(connected to cell) and microcontroller.
To test on hyper terminal u can use
AT+CMGF=1<enter>
if result = ok then it means your cell supports Text mode

dont really get you.
between microcontroller and phone... can i use this?
shem9.gif

i dont have a serial datacable, so i use the above schematics to directly connect the pins from the phone to the microcontroller's Rx and Tx?

can I use this same schematic to do the phone to PC to test on hyperterminal?

Added after 1 minutes:

manish12 said:
you can directly connect the cell phone to any micro controller,

but you need level conversion with pc !

keep in mind about null modem connection .

erm level conversion as in?
using BJT to pull up from TX to 5v for microcontroller, pull down from 5V to 3v for phone?

any sample circuits?

sending sms with pic16f877

Be carefully, the cell phone works with 3.6V, you need to make an interface

how to send sms by pic16f877a

Hi,
I have seen an almost similar schematic from the same site you are refering to viz: https://pinouts.ru/CellularPhonesCables/sonyerics_dss-25_pinout.shtml, and it clearly says it is an RS232 cable meant to connect a Soneyerics. phone to the computer, here RX and TX refers to the pins from the mobile as clearly marked on the diagram and the DB9 female connector goes to PC's male serial connector. The mobile pin numbers marked on the diagram I am referring are also different. Do you know clearly which are the TX/RX and ground pins of your mobile, if you do not know, better first get it confirmed.
Another issue to be cleared is if it is ok to apply to RX pin of mobile a 5V output from MAX 232. If your mobile is of 3.3V standard, a safer approach is to use a MAX3232 and generate a 3.3V supply for this IC from a 3.6V Zener regulator with a 330 ohm series resistor, instead of the 78L05 shown in the diagram.

As Mr.Manish told, you do not need any of these circuits to connect to the microcontroler TX and RX pins which are already at TTL level. The RS232 chip has two functions - logic inversion and level conversion to +/- 12V and is required only for connectin to PC. Both mobile output and the direct microcontroller pin outputs are at matching logic levels and you can simply cross connect them(TX to RX and RX t TX). In this case 3.3V to 5V conversion is not very important since the TX out of the micro is at high impedence. even in case you want to limit it, simply connect a 3.6V zener from the TX pin of the micro to ground.

Regards,
Laktronics

pic16f87 sms

then how should I test it if im to connect it directly to PIC?

cause even now with the cable I made, i get no response at all... the hyperterminal just hang there and doesnt establish connection with my phone

pls advise

sms controller with 16f877

Hi,
It is always better to first test the mobile with PC and check all the communication protocols before connecting to a microcontroller. You have not told us the objective of your project, it appeared like looking for a substitute cable for the missing one. The Hyperterminal will only show some characters if they are sent to them. What does your phone manual say? does it output any characters automatically on to serial port when an SMS is received, or, do you have to send some commands from PC to get it? If only you know the complete protocol details, you should expect to receive any character. Same is the case with sending an SMS from PC.

Regards,
Laktronics

t630 serial out put

I did a "AT" to see if my phone respond. but it doesnt

I'm trying to create some sort of fire alarm system. Upon detection of fire, it will trigger off my PIC to sms to me. That's all I need it to do. I'm trying to connect to PC to test out the phone, but i have problem doing so..so I was wondering, if it would be easier to try from my PIC directly.

t630 at+cnmi mode

Hi,
It is always better to first sortout the problems with PC than using a micro controller. Have you found out the correct TX/RX pins on the phone. Are you getting 5V supply for Max 232? You have to set DTRand RTS first to get this supply , normally these pins will be at -12V. Check with an LED+resistor whether you are getting pulses at the RX output of MAX 232 when you send down 'AT'. Again do these phones need any other protocol than AT commands, do you have any info regarding this? What baud rate is to be used at the interface level? I would suggest you to collect and confirm all these details. Also note that the pin TX on the computer connector is No.3 and RX is No.2, sometimes your connections to these may get reversed due to different wiring in a cable if you happened to use a standard cable.
Regards,
Laktronics

pic16f877 sms controller

hello!

sorry to change the topic but i also have the same problem with zhane, i am planning to interface the pic to a gsm module in just sending a sms message triggered by the pic. do you know any program or do you know how i can initialize the at commands in pic? i really do not have any idea. tnx

pic sms

AT+CMGS=?;+CMSS=?;+CNMI=?;+CMGL=?;+CMGR=?
+CNMI: (0,1,2),(0,1,2),(0,2),(0),(0,1)

how should I set my CNMI to make it inform my PC that a new message has arrived? How will the returned result look like?

send sms by pic 16f877a

Hi,
Since you are not getting response for your AT command, I should think that the mobile pin numbers shown on your drawing may not be same for your phone. As I have already told you above, the same site shows almost similar looking another cable diagram with different sets of pin numbers. So, unless you can identify the correct pin numbers of your phone, it will be impossible to expect it to work. At your own risk, if you want, you can try the pin numbers shown in the diagram I have referred, it is also meant for the same model of the phone.
Regards,
Laktronics

diagram alarms with pic 16f

hi everyone there.. i've got a question here... i'm actually trying to learn more about the PIC... currently i'm interfacing a 16f873a to a gsm modem... the gsm modem is having a baud rate of 115200 and i should use a 20MHz clock for my PIC... does my 16f873a supports the 20MHz clock? thanks for the reply in advance..

i'm still working on the interfacing of the PIC and gsm modem as well...
my connections are actually
RC6(TX) ---> T1IN(MAX232) ---> T1OUT(MAX232) ---> RXD(MODEM)
TXD(MODEM) ---> R1IN(MAX232) ---> R1OUT(MAX232) ---> RC7(RX)

does this work theoritically? i tried experimenting it but it seems not working...
lastly, thanks again!

and btw, do i need to short the rts and cts? could i just leave it as it is? what about the rest of the db9 pins? sorry for my lack of knowledge...

keane

anyone can give me sample code on how to send and received SMS using a PIC16f877A..anyone can give me an idea on what software i can use to burn a Visual Basic or AT Command code to HEX file?pleas! i need to accomplish it by tomorrow afternoon..please help me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back