Status
Not open for further replies.

Libin

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Kindly give the concept of a wide range SMPS. The SMPS should work from an input voltage of 10V- 40VDC as well as 85-265VAC..So effectively from 10V DC to 350VDC. The output voltage requirement is 12V ( If 12V is not possible outputs can be 7V also ) Total output power is 10W. Please help me by sending valuable suggestions/ Clues or ideas.

Regards,
Libin

Hi,

See in this problem you need to use two smps in one case. !st 10-40v and 2nd 85-300. Arrange a spdt relay which can be switch over when voltages are >40.

Vicky

Thanks Mr.Vicky..good suggestion. But I need to think more about the cost of this method..

Regards
Libin

Added after 4 minutes:

Thanks download_crux...This is one method and its fine also..But what I am looking for SMPS with a single input connection for the full range.10V DC to 350V DC..

Regards
Libin

hi
its nice u need go wiht the two SMPS..
use a bridge at the input after the filter stage...
as usually u use the bridge for AC i/P, the output will be a rectified AC, similarly in case of the DC i/p the bridge will act like normal...
-->form the output of bridge u design a forward which can work from 40DC to 350DC giving u the required o/p.preferably use the isolation at the ferrite of the forward as it will help in the EMI/EMC
-->one more option is to use a PFC booster and then to use a forward/flyback whihc gives a more stable power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…