Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS with input voltage of10V-40VDC as well 85-265VAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libin

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Kindly give the concept of a wide range SMPS. The SMPS should work from an input voltage of 10V- 40VDC as well as 85-265VAC..So effectively from 10V DC to 350VDC. The output voltage requirement is 12V ( If 12V is not possible outputs can be 7V also ) Total output power is 10W. Please help me by sending valuable suggestions/ Clues or ideas.

Regards,
Libin

Hi,

See in this problem you need to use two smps in one case. !st 10-40v and 2nd 85-300. Arrange a spdt relay which can be switch over when voltages are >40.

Vicky

Thanks Mr.Vicky..good suggestion. But I need to think more about the cost of this method..

Regards
Libin

Added after 4 minutes:

Thanks download_crux...This is one method and its fine also..But what I am looking for SMPS with a single input connection for the full range.10V DC to 350V DC..

Regards
Libin

hi
its nice u need go wiht the two SMPS..
use a bridge at the input after the filter stage...
as usually u use the bridge for AC i/P, the output will be a rectified AC, similarly in case of the DC i/p the bridge will act like normal...
-->form the output of bridge u design a forward which can work from 40DC to 350DC giving u the required o/p.preferably use the isolation at the ferrite of the forward as it will help in the EMI/EMC
-->one more option is to use a PFC booster and then to use a forward/flyback whihc gives a more stable power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back