Status
Not open for further replies.

ismu

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in my Tecktronics TDS100c model internal SMPS is from Emerson , it has been damaged , its TOP244yn IC is gone bad[smoke is there near] , so i replaced with new one , after that out put is coming 3.3v but it will on at 2sec and off at 2sec and repeating ,i didnt check other sections may same issue ., what should i change .see the picture ..

Attachments

• 20140921_150122.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 140

i think there is a problem with current sense section

Reactions: ismu

ismu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
can suggest where is the current sense laction in top244yn ic or any related components ?

check the optoisolator and high watt resistors or replace th optoisolator if you have.

ismu

where will be the high wattage res? which one?can u check below picture , i think opto is 817

Attachments

• 20140921_150122.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 131

can you post the backside of the pcb?

ismu

Hi,

have you cleaned the smoked part of the PCB properly? There might be slightly conductive residuals.
Or an old electrolytic capacitor,
or a lot of other reasons.

Klaus

ismu

yes , i cleaned well

- - - Updated - - -

in top244yn data sheet they mensioned reference design , can u refer that schematic and wich may be the resistor whch u have mensioed earlier? currently body is not with me ./

i suggest you to check all the resistors carefully (specially high watt resistors like R7,R8,R5 etc) and the diodes specially D6,D7 with multimeter

ismu

H all friends

i got the issue and now it is working fine , the problem was optocoupler has been damaged , i replaced it.

Thanks all [specially hamid159 ] for your valuable replay .

- - - Updated - - -

glad....your problem has solved.

ismu

Status
Not open for further replies.