Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart and cost effective 12-V 160 AH lead acid battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Experts
I need Eagle/Orcad software gerber design file to make a pcb. please send me complete files to make my own pcb for charger and also tell me how i can purchase ferrite core transformer.
Regards
MM Khan

Dear Experts
can u please tell me the transformer turns. in schematics of transformer there is 50 turns 2 layers. but below in description there is 25 turns 2 layers. can u please tell me how can i calculate turns ratio. how u calculate 50 turns 2 layers for 220 volt ac input and then 8 turns for 14 volt output.
Regards
MM Khan

Dear Experts
can u please tell me the transformer turns. in schematics of transformer there is 50 turns 2 layers. but below in description there is 25 turns 2 layers. can u please tell me how can i calculate turns ratio. how u calculate 50 turns 2 layers for 220 volt ac input and then 8 turns for 14 volt output.
Regards
MM Khan

they are 50 turns (25+25 = 50). 25 turns first layer and 25 turns second layer between them is secondary layer.

excellent source: https://tahmidmc.blogspot.com/2012/12/ferrite-transformer-turns-calculation.html

Dear amjadali
thanks for your reply. do u have any 12 volt charger which is TL494 based. Is this UC3842 Charger is 100% working or is there any problem in its design?? if any problem then please tell me.

Dear amjadali
thanks for your reply. do u have any 12 volt charger which is TL494 based. Is this UC3842 Charger is 100% working or is there any problem in its design?? if any problem then please tell me.

i am working both on UC3842 and SG3525 but time is the main problem/ and for this design i say it is not so feasible for you as it have some bugs and errors in it if you want i can fix and re-post it for you in a day or two.

Dear Amjad
i have made pcb and installed all components. so please send me th bug free design both for uc3842 and sg3525. thanks

Dear Amjadali
you told me that 25+25 turns. but according to the switching frequency selected in uc3842 is 111.688 Khz. Rt=7K Ct=0.0022uf in your circuit. formula for frequency is f=(1.72/(Rt*Ct)). number of turns for primary is calculated by your below mention link is:

**broken link removed**

Number of turns primary = 50+50 turns because of centre tape.
Number of turns secondary = 8 turns

Now please told me what is accurate number of turns for primary winding. i have made all circuit except transformer winding.

Can you help me to know how i build 48v 15amp charger with this design?

Dear Amjad
i have made pcb and installed all components. so please send me th bug free design both for uc3842 and sg3525. thanks

i am really sorry for late replay... but i am stuck with another project. when it finish i will work both for you .

Dear Amjadali
you told me that 25+25 turns. but according to the switching frequency selected in uc3842 is 111.688 Khz. Rt=7K Ct=0.0022uf in your circuit. formula for frequency is f=(1.72/(Rt*Ct)). number of turns for primary is calculated by your below mention link is:

**broken link removed**

Number of turns primary = 50+50 turns because of centre tape.
Number of turns secondary = 8 turns

Now please told me what is accurate number of turns for primary winding. i have made all circuit except transformer winding.

go for 25+25 turns!

- - - Updated - - -

Can you help me to know how i build 48v 15amp charger with this design?

48v @ 15 Amps with this design? doesn't sound good. i think a push pull will be more feasible then fly back.

Last edited:

i am working both on UC3842 and SG3525 but time is the main problem/ and for this design i say it is not so feasible for you as it have some bugs and errors in it if you want i can fix and re-post it for you in a day or two.

Sorry for late replay. here is the updated and bug fixed version.....

Attachments

• CHARGER UPDATE.rar
    562.3 KB · Views: 410

Status
Not open for further replies.