Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small signal analysis of MOSFET. Calculating Gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hauzron

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I can do DC analysis and draw the small signal equivalent circuit just fine. I generally have trouble calculating gain. I'm having trouble understanding the answer to this question.

This is the question. Question 4.36: X7hFw.jpg"]

This is my working. I hope it is clear: T6147N0.jpg

According to the solution manual this is the wrong answer. The correct answer is `Av = Vo / Vo + 1`: GCe2W.png

I don't understand. Vi is in parallel with Vsg therefore it Vi must equal Vsg right? Where did I make a mistake?

Last edited by a moderator:

I can do DC analysis and draw the small signal equivalent circuit just fine. I generally have trouble calculating gain. I'm having trouble understanding the answer to this question.

This is the question. Question 4.36: View attachment 118065"]

This is my working. I hope it is clear: View attachment 118066

According to the solution manual this is the wrong answer. The correct answer is `Av = Vo / Vo + 1`: View attachment 118067

I don't understand. Vi is in parallel with Vsg therefore it Vi must equal Vsg right? Where did I make a mistake?
Vi has not to be equal to Vgs because coupling is capacitive and Vi signal will be on the Vgs so the input signal at the gate of the MOS will be;

Vgs+Vi=Vgs+Vi*cos(wt+Theta)

Status
Not open for further replies.