Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMA to Grougeg Coplanar Waveguide Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali ghafoor

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SMA to Grounded Coplanar Waveguide Transition

Salam,
i need some theory(literature) to understand the effects of transition between SMA connector to GCPW(designed on PCB). I searched for it using google but found no specific information. actually i am designing layouts for some SMD rf active components(amplifiers etc.) and i used RF tracks in GCPW structure. Now to connect an SMA connector at the end of track what should i do to minimize the effects of transition? kindly help me out

Last edited:

"Mode Conversion at GCPW-to-Microstrip-Line Transitions" in IEEE trans. microwave theory shows one

The transition can be minimized by choosing a good/right connector which has "stripline type " inner connector and to minimize between inner connector weigth/heigth of SMA and GCPW.
For proper SMAs , see for instance..
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back