Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

skill script for counting NMOS in a layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

aannam

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gegetcellviewwindow() skill

Hi all,

I have just started to learn skill scripting. I would like to find the number of NMOS and PMOS in a layout using scripting. Can anyone help me to get rid of this problem?????

skill script

hi all,

I have found the way for counting the number of nmos and pmos in a layout when it is not flattened. But i want to know the procedure for the same when the layout is flattened. Since my layout is flattened i couldn't discriminate layers and also i couldn't find the instances. Please help me to find the solution for that

lelayerand

As far my knowledge, we can't determine the transistors from layout. You can extract all the info regarding no.of transistor & each transistor sizes from a GDS file. Others can say their views.. I tried to measure the particular transistor size & no.of fingers from layout, I couldn't succeed in that..

skill script

aannam said:
hi all,
I have found the way for counting the number of nmos and pmos in a layout when it is not flattened. But i want to know the procedure for the same when the layout is flattened. Since my layout is flattened i couldn't discriminate layers and also i couldn't find the instances. Please help me to find the solution for that
I don't know how to do it in skill, but it works well - independently of the hierarchy depth, if you select "current to bottom" - with the Edit -> Search (S) function from the Virtuoso Layout Menu, s. the image below.

The corresponding code (in CDS.log) is:
leSearchForm->criteriaScrollView->value1->value = "yourTransistorCellName"
_hiFormApplyCB(leSearchForm)

skill nmos

Hi all,

I got the script for the question which i asked in this forum. Here it is. If you find some other way to do the same please do reply in this forum

clv=dbOpenCellViewByType("Training" "ORmod" "layout" "" "r")
win=geGetCellViewWindow(clv)
p = outfile("/home/ams_trng6/skill/r.out" "w")
pout=leLayerAnd( clv list("PO" "drawing") list("OD" "drawing") list("M1" "drawing") )
declare( pmos[length(pout~>bBox)])
declare( v[length(pout~>bBox)])
b=0
foreach(a pout~>bBox
v=a
b=b+1
)
for(i 0 length(pout~>bBox)-1
pmos=cadadr(v)-cadar(v)
)
for(c 0 length(pout~>bBox)/2-1
fprintf(p "The pmos %d width are %L\n" c+1 pmos[2*c+1])
fprintf(p "The nmos %d width are %L\n" c+1 pmos[2*c])
)
foreach(shape pout
geSelectFig( shape)
geDeleteSelSet(win)
)
close(p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back