Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single to differential ouput amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

avinash

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anybody please tell me about the circuits available for single ended input to differential output amplifer :?: actually i am having a sensor which provides me single output which is to be fed to the differential input of ADC.

i have done something like that in a pll
just use two inverters for one signal and a transmission gate and an inverter for the opposite polarity signal

inverter+inverter=buffer
stransmission gate+inverter=inverted signal

remember, those two path should have the same delay
or u can do this
inverter+inverter+inverter=inverted signal
inverter+transmission gate+inverter=buffer
(more delay, but lower input loading and better output drive)

why (more delay, but lower input loading and better output drive) ?

thanks

Maybe you can simply convert the ADC to single-ended by grounding one of its inputs.

I think, it is better to use a differential opamp to convert single ended signal to differential end. This doesnot give any phase delay between, +ve and -ve output.

hi, can you just connect one of the input to an appropriate voltage?

Stan

Visit Analog Device's website and make an appropriate choice for your Differential ADC driving

**broken link removed**

Hi,

i don't think that dumbfrog's concept (inverters/transmission gates) will work, because they deliver a digital output signal. So you won't need an ADC.

i think fully differential opamp will be the best way to convert single input to differential converter by providing ground to the negative input.
thanks for showing concern.
can anybody suggest architechture for the fully differential opamp.

I have done some simulation before on the idea to inverter+T gate to compensate interter+inverter. This may work at low freq, but definatly not work at high freq. Especially when process varation, temp variation is considered.

Isn't it possible to design some kind of an active balun which would do this kind of a thing? Just thinking out loud!

Use differential Opamp willl be the better choice, the simpler, the better, I think.

I saw a way: using the single end output to drive a XOR GATE of double datarate. This is used for high frequency of 10G.

I have a question about the ADC. Can it work with one input only?

use two caps & double input and double output amp,an input of amp is connected with a Vcm(perhaps Vcm must be VDD/2),so you can gan two different voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back