Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single Stage Differential Amplifier AC, Tran graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohbinhoodie

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Okay so, I could set all the mosfets Saturation and get 29dB voltage gain in tran analysis.
But I have some questions.

1. AC(left one) and tran(right one) analysis in this circuit, they have different voltage gain. In Tran Analysis I could get 29dB voltage gain(Upper ones are output nodes, below ones are inputs),
But in AC analysis I'm not even sure if I got a correct gain graph for the circuit. Can someone tell me why? isn't it correct that I should get same gain in AC analysis and Tran analysis?
HW2 ac 해석.PNG
HW2 tran 그래프.PNG

2. In DC analysis, I swept input voltage from 0 to 2.5v bcus Vdd is 2.5v and I could get this output voltage graph. But the output voltage was just a horizontal line.
Is my DC analysis in this circuit correct? Can someone pls tell me?
HW2 dc 해석.PNG

I use Hspice prgoram
Mosfet model is TSMC 180nm
I set the length as 0.3um
I set the Iss 0.2m

+Vdd = 2.5v
+0.18um < Length < 5um
+0.18um < width < 100um
+Vcm = 1.25v
tttttttt.PNG

Your AC graph does not show the Gain. You should define AC Gain or compare Input and Output values in dB scale by frequency. AC gain is defined as ;
20*log[mag(Vout)/mag(Vin)] and X axis will be the swept frequency. Phase vs. frequency should also be observed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back