Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single/dual/multi-port SRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

taoly

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anybody know what's the defference between single-port SRAM and dual-port SRAM, as well as multi-port SRAM? Is there any documents for SRAM design? thanks a lot.

see the following link regarding dual port ram

Al Farouk, there is no following link posted!

Also:

i don;t understand multi-port RAM in the sense that i have not encountered generators for anything else than single- and dual-port.

In my designs i often use multiple-output register banks which is different.
I would like if some vendor provided SRAM-based configurable register banks.

regs

the_penetrator©

Sorry for this mistake the link is
**broken link removed**

for me its also the first time to hear a bout multiport memory

signal port sram : has one address port;

two port sram: has two address ports;

multi port sram: has multiple address ports;

the ports mean how many path there are to access a ram array;

best regards

taoly said:
Does anybody know what's the defference between single-port SRAM and dual-port SRAM, as well as multi-port SRAM? Is there any documents for SRAM design? thanks a lot.

Two port SRAM: R/W data by 2 data bus which seperated control by 2 address, and reading or writing in 2 port simultaneously .

what prohibits reading and writing from/to the same location in memory at the same time ?

when r/w the same location, i think the logic is read the data come from write data bus not the RAM

phoenixfeng said:
when r/w the same location, i think the logic is read the data come from write data bus not the RAM

Didn't get what you want to say ! ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back