Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sine Oscillator question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

penelope

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I had questions about an oscillator circuit I wanted to make from this Linear application note. The circuit in question is on the last page of the pdf. I wasn't sure how to actually implement this circuit, are there switches between the normal mode and low distortion mode? And switches between the capacitors also? Also the potentiometer should they be separately adjustable or like a dual gang type?

Hi penelope,

I don`t know how deep your knowledge is regarding oscillators.
Nevertheless, the last page shows a classical WIEN oscillator topology - especially suited for 3 different frequencies.
Because the used amplitude stabilization principle (with filament lamps as PTC elements) requires to adapt the time constants there is a "low distortion mode".
I recommend, first to decide if you really need this specific oscillator with 3 fixed frequencies.
Otherwise, you should start from the basic WIEN topology.

It is enough to wire either the low or high distortion mode - low distortion mode costs an extra two bulbs.
The capacitors are switched in pairs, so you need a 2 pole three way switch. The potentiometers should be be ganged together.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.