Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation problem on the effect of decoupling capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taofeng

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear,

I am using the attached schematic to simulate the effect of Decoupling capacitor (someone may call it bypass , anyway it does not really matter) on the reduction of the power supply current transient as probably known to all of you guys.
However, no matter how I change the value of Decap (C2 in the schematic), the Current see from the power supply (V1) and the Current flowing through the inverter (Pmos transistor) remain exactly the same, which means that the C2 does not supply the transient . It seems really strange, I do not know what is wrong with this setup ?
Hope someone can give me some hint ! thanks

Jeffrey

hi safwatonline,

What should I do , could you make it clear ?

regards,

jeffrey

taofeng said:
hi safwatonline,

What should I do , could you make it clear ?

regards,

jeffrey

hi

try to find this paper:
"parasitic resistance in an mos transistor used as on-chip decoupling capacitance".

the voltage source model should be constructed more realistically.

jeff

Hello,
u need to add a more real model, like adding bond wire model and on chip parasitic routing inductors and resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back