Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of multipath fading channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

shameem

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simulation of multipath mimo channel coefficient

Hi,
I want to simulate a multipath fading channel for mimo-ofdm system. I have a scenario like
No. of Tx antennas: 2
No. of Rx antennas: 2
No. of delay paths: 6
dopler spread: 8 hz
We can assume the phase of delayed signals any arbitrary angle.
Now how to calculate the channel coefficints??

If anybody have a piece of matlab code or any good doc, please share.

thanks,
Shameem

I dont know whether it helps but,, well,, as long as it is a 2x2 MIMO channel then it means there exists 4 SISO channels. As long as you assume that they are independent of each other (due to lambda/2 antenna spacing) all you need to do is to create 4 SISO channel models independent of each other. If you are using Matlab, go to help file and read how to define a SISO "rayleigh" channel model with doppler and path delays... Well,, sorry this answer might have been a bit simple or useless if you may already know these.

Channel coefficients describe the physical situation of a channel. You have define them by knowing the environment you are using as your wireless channel. There different standard channel models like saleh-venezuela etc. you may refer to these models and use these coefficients. ;)

Actually i am interested in finding the practical method of calculating channel coefficients.

thanks for the suggestion guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.