Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation of 2 stage opamp in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

shitu_khairnar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to simulate a 2 stage opamp in cadence. Can anybody plz help me?
Thanks

Hi Shitu_khairnar.

Have you already designed it?
Probably you will simulate the DC gain, Bandwidth, common-input voltage, and so on.
In order to measure the DC gain and Bandwidth (-3dB frequency, ...) you can use the op-amp in a feedback configuration.
If you have a more specific question, I can help you.

Hi,
Yes, I already designed the opamp. only the thing is, I dont know how to simulate it on Cadence 180 nm tech. I dont know how to find its gain and all the things in cadence.

In order to check the gain and bandwidth, you can use your amplifier in a feedback configuration. Considering that you bias voltae - (commom mode input range) is 700 mV. Then:

a) positive input connected to: 700 mV of DC voltage source plus 1 V of AC voltage source.
b) negative input:connected to a huge resistor (e. g. 1 G ohm) and connected to the output node + your load capacitance. Moreovre, this input should be also connected to a huge capacitor (e. g. 1 F) plus 700 mV of DC voltage source.

In this way, you can measure the DC open-loop gain and bandwidth.
Use the ac simulation of the spectre simulator, and configure the frequency that you want to check.

Is it clear?

The following document can give you an explanation about how to simulate it using Cadence Tools.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back