Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation for refractive index changed with time

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimingmeng

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rsoft fdtd

i have got a problem in FDTD simulation with RSoft software
Can i realize such simulation as the refractive index of a segment changed with the evolution of time in a FDTD simulation? That means during the FDTD simulation the refractive index is a function of the time. That might be a dynamic situation like nonlinear case.,which seems even more complicated.
Thanks for your advice!∞

refractive index simulation

Actually it is like the simulation of traditional semiconductor carrier(electron or hole) relaxation and recombination in the pump-probe scheme. In that situation the carrier dynamics will cause the change of the material refractive index with time, which reflects in the reflectance and transmittance spectrum.
So can i realize such kind of simulation?
Thanks a lot!

refraction index versus fdtd simulations

You can try COMSOL. I know in COMSOL one can incorporate time in the simulation as a variable.

Hi wandering heart, Thanks for your suggestion!
If i would say i am not so familiar with the COMSOL, can i realize this in the RSoft FDTD simulation?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back