Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation and modelling of koaxial structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. D.

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

We just completed a work on simulating and modelling koaxial structures with HFSS 9.1 and Micro wave Office, issued by the University of applied Sciences Aargau/Switzerland.

Those of you who are interested may download the File (6.7MB) from the following link.

**broken link removed**

It's written in german and discusses S-Params, Mesh-Operations and theoretical basics and modelling of coaxial waveguides (used for 500kW radion transmitters).

D.

Mr. D. said:
Hi all

We just completed a work on simulating and modelling koaxial structures with HFSS 9.1 and Micro wave Office, issued by the University of applied Sciences Aargau/Switzerland.

Those of you who are interested may download the File (6.7MB) from the following link.

h**p://wanda.fh-aargau.ch/e/projekte/2004ss/lip-schwei/Download/SemArb6.pdf

It's written in german and discusses S-Params, Mesh-Operations and theoretical basics and modelling of coaxial waveguides (used for 500kW radion transmitters).

D.

Hy, I've tried to simulate the more simple structure of coaxial that appear in the pdf, but the parameters S aren't correct for me. Moreover, I don't Know How to calculate the Capacitance.
My design is the next. What's wrong?

Thank's for all.

sandruska
what did you try to simulate? why do you use quarter of the coax?
can you explain...?

haydar said:
sandruska said:
Mr. D. said:
Hi all

h**p://wanda.fh-aargau.ch/e/projekte/2004ss/lip-schwei/Download/SemArb6.pdf

D.
sandruska
what did you try to simulate? why do you use quarter of the coax?
can you explain...?

Hy, I've tried to simulate the more simple structure of coaxial that appear in the pdf, but the parameters S aren't correct for me. Moreover, I don't Know How to calculate the Capacitance.
My design is the next. What's wrong?

Thank's for all.

I simulated a quarter of coaxial because the coaxial allows simmetry boundary condition (perfect H). I want to obtain the capacitance simulated of the coaxial for comparing the results with different mesh operations.

Thank's for all.

that's exactly what we did. there are 2 possibilities:

a) use the field calculator to calulate the Energy in the E-Field and therafter calculate the Capacitance. (shown in the cookbook)

b) export the s-parameters. import them in a sim. like ansoft designer or micro wave office by AWR (we used the latter). then construct a equivalent circuit and adjust the C until the S-params. match.

By the way: don't forget to set up the impedance mulitplier correct if you calculate only a quarter of the waveguide.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back