Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating UCPBG with HFSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

si14

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to every one.

I want to simulate a UCPBG cell with HFSS.

To obtain the characteristics of the UCPBG cell, the scattered fields (reflection phase) are needed to be known.

Let's see what I've done, then get to the problem:

1) create the ground.
2) create the substrate.
3) create the UCPBG cell.
4) create the Air.
5) define the boundries as:
ground and UCPBG cell as "PEC".
the top face of the Air box as "radiating surface"
the other 4 faces of the Air box are definde as 2 pairs of "master" and "slave".

6) define an excitation:
A plane wave form the bottom (0,0,0)

7) Simulate the project.

!
Now I am wondering how to see the characteristics of this cell.

I mean I cannot see any "reflection phase" term in the:

HFSS --> RESULTS --> CREATE REPORT --> TRACE .

Now what should I do?
(P.S. I see somewhere that a POLYLINE should be definde to see the reflection phase!
Is that correct? If yes, how?)

Thank you for your attention.

I have the same problems, and I download an HFSS model, but I have no idea of how to get the reflection phase.

if you can't get the phase switch to using hfss v11 and it has Floquet ports you can use instead of using the PML boundaries

why are you still using 9, is it an illigal version? i am using 11 now and it seems to be alot better than 9

Thank you allfnot,
I'm using ver 10 right now, may be switch to ver 11 later, but
what do you suggest me for now?
Thank you in advance.

alffnot said:
why are you still using 9, is it an illigal version? i am using 11 now and it seems to be alot better than 9

Some companies they do not purchase the maintenance fee, so they don't get the priviledge of future upgrades. Hence, not always the case of illegal use.

masud_809 said:
Thank you allfnot,
I'm using ver 10 right now, may be switch to ver 11 later, but
what do you suggest me for now?
Thank you in advance.

Hi masud, it supprise me coz your two months for this problem. Could u send me your mail box, I will send a file for you to see the phase, I set the waveport different from you.

sassyboy said:
alffnot said:

Some companies they do not purchase the maintenance fee, so they don't get the priviledge of future upgrades. Hence, not always the case of illegal use.

oh i didn't know that but thanks for the info. i was just going by what i see with alot of members here. not saying this user is, just saying it isn't a stretch to assume that.

Hi, cuongtran
Could you please send your file. I'll be glad to hear from you.
Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks all.

Hi, pbg
Are you sure in using "Driven modal"?
I think you should use "Driven Terminal".
I think you can find the difference between these modes by reading the manual.
Cheers.

please any one help i also need the same

alffnot said:
if you can't get the phase switch to using hfss v11 and it has Floquet ports you can use instead of using the PML boundaries

Can you tell the details about the way seeing the phase results in HFSS v11 directly?

gud post to know about HFSS problems & solution!!!

Hi All

Some one plz plz plz help me solving Reflection Phase using HFSS........... for EBG..

Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back