Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulating pulse width variation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutapanaki

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a circuit that basically produces pulses with a pulse width depending on a control voltage. I use spectre to simulate it. I need to simulate the variation of the pulse width w.r.t. power supply variations. My idea was (and I may be wrong here) to perform pss-pac simulation having an ac voltage at the supply. For that I created a veriloga block which I included in the circuit. That block measures the pulse-width and outputs that value as an output voltage. The problem is that if I use last_crossing in combination with @ cross for better accuracy, pss doesn't like it and says there are hidden states. If I use only last_crossing then simulation goes through but the pulse-width the pss extracts is wrong.
I would appreciate if someone can suggest a way to perform that pulse-width measurement.
Thank you in advance.

Please simulate with transient and measure it with Calculator in cadence.

Thank you for the reply.
I have considered your proposal. It s not so easy to do. My pulse width is less than 1ns. If I want to fit at least one period of the sine wave that I put on the supply I'll need a frequency of more than 1GHz. If frequency is smaller, then the pulse will kind of "sample" part of the period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back