Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating Offset of Chopper Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsharghi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm trying to simulate a Chopper Amplifier Input Offset Voltage in Cadence?

Does anyone know how to perform this operation? Is there a way to do this using PSS? If so, how?

Your responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Chucky,

Usually, in continuous time mode, I measure the op amp's offset by taking the difference between the two inputs and running a monte carlo to introduce mismatch into the circuit. That difference would be my offset. However, in a sample-hold environment, the dc operating point at the inputs are not well defined due to the switching operation.

I read somewhere that you can perform this measurement using PSS analysis. But I'm not sure how. My sampling frequency is 200 KHz and I'm chopping at 100 KHz. Does PSS replace the DC analysis in the switching mode?

Hi,

I usually add an DC offset voltage in the input pin,then run a transient response,and average the output voltage,so the different is the residual offset.
Hi,

I'm trying to simulate a Chopper Amplifier Input Offset Voltage in Cadence?

Does anyone know how to perform this operation? Is there a way to do this using PSS? If so, how?

Your responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back