Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Simulate Thermistors and Chokes in SIMetrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkeeley

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm new to this board and have been reading some very interesting posts from other people, and I have found some great information.

I have just started work on designing a SMPS for a project that I have been working on for some years, and due to the complex nature and dangers of SMPS's I wish to simulate as much of the design as possible before physically build anything. I have some old PC power supplies that I was thinking of using for donors parts (Transformers, Chokes, etc). I have just started using SIMetrix and am finding it very easy to learn and use, I am now at a point where I wish to start using/creating more complex parts, like thermistors, transformers and chokes.

So my question is how do I create each of these parts, I have seen some where an example creating a sub circuit for a transformer, but I can't remember where.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Kenneth

I have used the following model of a transformer in the past. This is the spice for it. Basically on primary it is a "voltage dependant current source" with magnetizing inductance in parallel. And on secondary it is "voltage controlled voltage source".

* MODEL: transformer
* Application: transformer model suitable for averaged
* circuit models
* Limitations: no losses, no leakages, two windings
* Parameters:
* Lm=primary (magnetizing) inductance
* n=transformer turns ratio 1:n (primary:secondary)
* Nodes:
* 1: primary-dot
* 2: primary-undot
* 3: secondary-dot
* 4: secondary-undot
.subckt transformer 1 2 3 4
+params: Lm=250e-6 n=0.5
Lm 1 2 {Lm}
Gp 2 1 value={n*i(Es)}
Es 3 4 value={n*v(1,2)}
.ends

Status