Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simplified SMA connector dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex329

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I would like to modelise an SMA connector the simplest way I can. In this website () in the reply of Ahmad Deel, he said that we can use these values for a simplified SMA connector:

Place a teflon cylindrical shell (er = 2.1 and tan_delta = 0.001) with radius 2 mm (0.65 to 2.65 mm).
Place a PEC cylindrical shield with radius 0.5 mm (2.65 to 3.15 mm).
The length of this SMA must be larger than 5 mm

I would like to know how did he find these values and how can I be shure that they would give 50 ohms?
I am asking that because when I try to calculate the impedance of the coax with the values of 0.65mm and 2.65mm those values don't give me 50 ohms. That is why I would also like to know if he gave the right dimensions? If yes, which application can we use to get them ? If not, which values are good to use?
Also, can we always use that SMA connector instead of the " T shaped realistic one"?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back