Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple application of nodal analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, :smile:

Almost all the details you will find in the given link below:
https://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1565/exampleproblemnodalysis.jpg

You will find the expected (or, target answers) in the top right corner.

As you can see my value for V1 is utterly wrong. It should have been 37.818V according to the answer given in the book. I have checked my equations several times but I found nothing wrong with them. Please help me with it. Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

When this happens I think you're allowed to move R3 to join R1. This makes R1 into 18 ohm.

Then V2 is zero. It will simplify the equations.

Afterward you can return to the original circuit. Use proportions and addition to obtain values of V1 and V2.

In other words try a new approach to track down the error in your first approach.

----------------------

I entered the circuit in my simulator. All values are correct once the 2A meter is at the correct resistance. You may or may not need to solve for its value.

You need new glasses.

It's all OK until the equation

3 V1 - 2 V2 = 48
10 V1 - 14 V2 = -80

What is OK and return the correct answer.

But in the next step (matrix) you miss a 1 and type 4 instead of 14.

Thank you very much, both of you. I was really kind of you. I appreciate your help. I made a silly mistake.

Best wishes
PG

Status
Not open for further replies.