Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900d current Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yousafzai82

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

Please comment if i am doing something wrong.

I am not working with SIM900d for the first time. I have pretty knowledge of it. Everything is according to your recommendation in you hd_design_manual for SIM900d v1.03. All i need is to get 30uA current when i just apply 3.6V to VBAT and ground. The module should be shut down.

I am only using VBAT, Ground, Antenna pin, Rx,Tx (with 4.7K Ohm pull ups to 3V), four pins for SIM interface and PWRKEY.

As i provide 3.6V to VBAT pin. The meter shows 5mA to 10mA current continuously even if i don't ground PWRKEY for 2 seconds. I mean the module is shut down and it is taking so much current.

After sending AT+CFUN=0, i the circuit is consuming 2mA current, which is according to manufacturer specifications. That means i am running the circuit properly. But actually i am interested to get not more 50uA when the GSM part is totally off. That part is no working and consuming 5 to 10mA varying current.

Status
Not open for further replies.