Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sim900a At command problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

deebakece

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have prolific usb to serial connecter which is used to connect pc and sim900a... when i connect it displays +cpin ready cfun 1 call ready that means that sim card working properly.. but what ever the AT commands i type its not getting any response from Sim900a.. so to check whether usb to serial connector is working properly what i did i shorted Rx and Tx line and checked with hyperterminal and rsterminal.... what ever i type in keyboard its getting printed back so the cable is working fine.. what may be the problem am stucking here.. its not responding for any commands how could i try or its again cable problem.. Pls suggest me..

Thanks in advance..!

Hi,

How you get it displayed +cpin ready ?
Check voltages used in prolific module and sim900a module for Tx,Rx lines. Both should be same; TTL or standard-RS232 voltages.

When i am connecting power supply to module its getting printed cpin1..

Hi,

..it's getting printed cpin1 on where ?

Like mentioned earlier Check voltages used in prolific module and sim900a module for Tx,Rx lines. Both should be same; TTL or standard-RS232 voltages.

If your modules have CTS and RTC lines, connect them together. Search the web on "null-modem configuration"; that is how your modules should be wired.

Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.