Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 Customer Flash Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Roshan, I do not have access to any sim300 firmware at all. Simcom removed it all earlier this year and I have none downloaded

Thanks Chipseller,

I am Searching SIM300D latest firmware. Please Upload. I Already Have 1008B18SIM300D32_SST34HF3284

regards
Roshan

Hi All,
I managed to get a few programs running in the SIM900 using the Embedded AT (EAT) functionality and the API provided. One inconvenience in using EAT is the unavailability of new firmware versions which support EAT functionality. Currently the only firmware version I have that supports EAT is "1137B07SIM900M64_ST.cla". This one actually came with the SimDev IDE which Chipseller (kindly) provided.

I've tried uploading newer firmware versions like "1137B08SIM900M64_ST" and "1137B09SIM900M64_ST" but EAT doesn't function with those. Anyone with a more recent version of the EAT supported firmware? If you have, I'd appreciate a lot if you can share it.

That aside, writing a program to work with EAT turned out to be much trickier than I expected. It's a unique environment, and IMHO SIMCOM guys haven't really thought about user-friendliness when the designed the whole thing. On top of that, their example applications are unnecessarily complicated and documentation is sparse. Any how, after days of tinkering, think I finally got the hang of it. If anyone wants some help in the programming side of EAT, let me know.

Hi thedinuka,
thank you for this offer. I would appreciate some help. I want to start a development with the SIM900 using the EAT and API.
Some time ago I programmed a MotorolaG24 GSM modem, which has a JAVA api inside. So I am not a newbie in this area. But I know how complicated things can get or sometime how simple the answers can be. I would like to exchange some experience with you, if this is ok for you.
My first question is, where do I get the RVCT2.2 2_2b616 compiler?
My application is that I need to talk to a system (let say an external device, connected to the serial port of the SIM900) via RS232. Periodically the SIM900 need to send some commands to the device and receive a status message. If there is an error in the device status, the SIM900 has to establish a connection to a server and send this status message to that server via tcp. Thats the task. Is this kind of application possible with the EAT?
Thanks for your help

Hello guys, anyone has any idea about SIM908-C flash update, also can anyone help me out with getting SIMCom NMEA GPS DEMO Tool?

Hi chipseller,

I am using the SIM900B module. But i am having problem with the Email AT Command, all it give is the Error response.
Can you confirm that Revision:1137B09SIM900B32_ST is the latest firmware for SIM900B?
If it is not can you give me the latest version.

Best Regards,
Chew

Hi guys,
Here is the SIM900 modules Real Time Kernel (Philips RTK-E) Operating System programming documents...
Maybe helpful to someone...

RTK-E.png

Last Edit: Fixed download problem

Attachments

• RTK-E_for_SIM_Modules.rar
    31.4 MB · Views: 503
Last edited:
Check again , i added Download link. I can download both ways. If still problem, inform me.

Hi , Chipseller
I am new in this forum . I was also looking for the firmware of SIM900D that can support DTMF detection by AT+DDET command. Can you please send me the firmware for this . Please also let me know how to upload the new firmware ??

I will be very thank full to you.

Regards

hi,
Anyone have new releases of sim900 or 900d

hi.
i had some problem with network registration and i update my sim900 with wrong version.
i did not check my version before update.now i try every firmware in this 7 pages and non of them did not boot my madule.i have no information about my sim900.what shold i do?

hi
any one have 1137B09SIM900B32_ST.rar ?

i could not find any fw to download on "ftp://simcom.exavault.com". Can anyone help me to give me the link where i can download any related files?

Hi ,
Anyone can help with this problem

Hi Roshan,
i think your powerkey does not in low level during erase the Flash.
sorry for my bad english.

Status
Not open for further replies.