Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 Customer Flash Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Chipseller,

Thanks for your help.
Do you have the release notes for this version ( 1137B09SIM900D ), since the latest version I have is the B08?

Thank you again.

Best Regards

Sergio

Hi Chipseller,

I have SIM900A module, Can i reprogram the firmware to 1137B08SIM900M64_ST_DTMF_JD_MMS.cla , which you have posted earlier.
Since i need the jammer detection feature of the module.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Prashanth

Hi Chipseller,
Thanks for your last help. :-D

i have a another one problem.

I want send data TCP/IP server through gprs. sometime it make gprs connection but sometime it'll fail.:roll:

any help from you for gprs connection making steps. :roll:

regards
Roshan

Hi Roshan

This is one of the most difficult questions of all to answer. There are all sorts of reasons why it should happen: conflicting mac id's, poor DCHP server due to poor signal, just poor signal generally, physical problems such as dry joints or maybe the PSU does not quite have enough balls. Somewhere in this thread is the sim900 diagnostic tool. That may help you diagnose the problem as long as you catch the problem with the diagnostic running.

PS: Missed your last post because my PC went down and I had no emails or web access for a while.:)
Hi Chipseller,
Thanks for your last help. :-D

i have a another one problem.

I want send data TCP/IP server through gprs. sometime it make gprs connection but sometime it'll fail.:roll:

any help from you for gprs connection making steps. :roll:

regards
Roshan

Thank you chipseller for the response.
I successfully programmed the firmware (137B08SIM900M64_ST_DTMF_JD_MMS.cla). After programming, the module is sending these garbage characters - IIIIþþþþIIIIþþþþ at 115200 baud rate. I changed the different baud rate , but their is no use. The modules doesn't accepts any AT command. Please help me.

Thanks
Prashanth

Thank you chipseller for the response.
I successfully programmed the firmware (137B08SIM900M64_ST_DTMF_JD_MMS.cla). After programming, the module is sending these garbage characters - IIIIþþþþIIIIþþþþ at 115200 baud rate. I changed the different baud rate , but their is no use. The modules doesn't accepts any AT command. Please help me.

Thanks
Prashanth

Hi Papubs

This looks like a baud rate mis-match. I do not know offhand what the default rate is for that revision, but it may be as low as 9600. Just a case of trial and error I am afraid

Before programming the firmware, I used 9600 baud rate. Everything was fine. But now at 9600 baud rate it sending ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ (FF FF FF... in hexadecimal). Where can i get information about network status Light.

Thanks again

Thanks for your advice Chipseller

Your upload 1137B06SIM900D64_ST.rar file is corrupt. Please upload again

Thanks

regards
Roshan

Last edited:

This has got to be a comms error as I have just programmed my evb with this firmware and no problems, it is working at 9600. Try programming an older version, ideally the version that was in there before and checking that it works then put this latest version back in. Errors do creep in occasionally during programming.

I will locate the document which describes the netlight flash rates as soon as I can and post it for you
Before programming the firmware, I used 9600 baud rate. Everything was fine. But now at 9600 baud rate it sending ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ (FF FF FF... in hexadecimal). Where can i get information about network status Light.

Thanks again

This has got to be a comms error as I have just programmed my evb with this firmware and no problems, it is working at 9600. Try programming an older version, ideally the version that was in there before and checking that it works then put this latest version back in. Errors do creep in occasionally during programming.

I will locate the document which describes the netlight flash rates as soon as I can and post it for you
The netlight info is in section 3.1.4 of the sim900A Hardware Design, attached. It is the same for all variants of the sim900

Attachments

• SIM900A_Hardware Design_V1.01.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 151

thank u very much chipseller

i am using this gprs command

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","APN"
ATD*99#
CONNECT

NO CARRIER

MY PROBLEM IS LOCAL IP NOT ALLOTED
AT+CIFSR
ERROR

The first thing I would try is updating the firmware to the latest version (attached) because sometimes when you get an error return it is because that command is not properly supported in older revisions. The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that your sim is not enabled for data
thank u very much chipseller

i am using this gprs command

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","APN"
ATD*99#
CONNECT

NO CARRIER

MY PROBLEM IS LOCAL IP NOT ALLOTED
AT+CIFSR
ERROR

Attachments

• 1137B09SIM900D64_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 147

Thank you chipseller for sim900A Hardware Design document.

Can you please provide the older version OF firmware for SIM900A.
I even tried these versions 1137B07SIM900M64_ST.cla , but their is no result.

Regards
Prashanth

Thank you chipseller for sim900A Hardware Design document.

Can you please provide the older version OF firmware for SIM900A.
I even tried these versions 1137B07SIM900M64_ST.cla , but their is no result.

Regards
Prashanth
Try this one Pashanth. It is a dedicated A firmware build. I do not have any builds older than the one you have

Attachments

• 1137B08SIM900A32_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 220

Please upload Sim900A latest firmware

regards
roshan

Please upload Sim900A latest firmware

regards
roshan
Hi Roshan

The version above is the only sim900A firmware on the ftp site and has only recently been added by Simcom (26/9/11), so I guess it is also the latest. I assume there must have been earlier versions but they have been removed. Here are the release notes

Attachments

• NDA_SIM900A32_ST Firmware Release Note.pdf
    124.1 KB · Views: 233

Thanks Chipseller,

I am Searching SIM300D latest firmware. Please Upload. I Already Have 1008B18SIM300D32_SST34HF3284

regards
Roshan

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.