Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM300 SEND FAIL Reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sim300 ping server

Hi all,

I'm trying to create simple chat software on PNA(WINCE 5) device that has a SIM300 Modem internally.
Also I've created a server software on PC.
My server software uses Winsock control and is written in VB6.
Server sends "CMD:pING" to PNA every 30 Seconds. My PNA gets it as a client, and sends response command "CMD:ACK" to the Server.
I do this to check the connectivity in both Client(PNA) and Server(PC).

My problem is on client side(PNA). after a while i receive SEND FAIL on PNA for each data that i send via AT+CIPSEND command. sim300 could receive the data comes from server but for each AT+CIPSEND i receive SEND FAIL. the problem remains also by exiting the application and run it again on PNA. when i hard-reset the device it works fine but same problem will occur after several pinging.

I have these questions :
1 - What makes sim300 to get SEND FAIL?
2 - Does sim300 has a Reset command (instead of reseting the PNA device) ?
3 - Is there a better way to check the connectivity (instead of Pinging) ?

Also I've attached a simple server software that I wrote, to work with GPRS modules. Hope to be useful to someone.

Thanks in advanced.[/code]

Status
Not open for further replies.